Cleaning jewellery is a big no-no when you’re trying to create a one-of-a-kind look. When cleaning your jewellery, it’s best to follow the instructions on the packaging of the letter. Jewellery is designed to be worn and should be cleaned regularly. Personalised jewellery aims to create an individual statement about you, so it’s essential to know how to clean it properly to avoid staining or discolouring your pieces. Once you have a basic idea about how to clean your personalised jewellery for her, you’ll save yourself a lot of time, stress, and hassle.
- When cleaning your jewellery, you first need toremoveall of the loose settings in your bead, earring, necklace, bracelet, or any other piece you want to clean. Remove all of your rings, except for one, and then wash these separately using a homemade toothbrush (pomtail or straight pin). You can also use a toothbrush attachment on your soap. If you are using homemade toothpaste, you can also gently scrub the settings free from any debris using this tool.
- Next, you’ll need to bring the jewellery into a bowl or container where you can dip it. Add some warm water (not hot) to the dip tray. Add some baking soda to the water as well, if you wish. Now let the jewellery soak for at least two hours. Do this as many times as necessary to allow the jewellery to soak thoroughly.
- After soaking, use a clean damp soft toothbrush to scrub the jewellery gently using circular motions. Be gentle as you don’t want to damage the stone or your earring. It is best to avoid using any stiff bristles brush as the harder ones can scratch the surface of your beads. Continue to do this until all the drops have been removed.
- Rinse the jewellery in a bowl of lukewarm water. It may be beneficial to use a towel to absorb the excess water further. Let the bowl dry thoroughly before putting it away or leaving it to dry on its own.
- For those of you who are always travelling, it’s best to remove the tarnish from your jewellery before it becomes tainted by the elements. Some on-the-go methods include: keeping your jewellery in special luggage made especially for carrying jewellery; placing your on-the-go jewellery in your pouches that are made specially to store on-the-go jewellery; or, if you prefer to keep your on-the-go jewellery in its special pouch inside your handbag, such as a designer tote. When travelling, slip your on-the-go jewellery into your baggage tag, and you are ready to head out. Don’t put your on-the-go jewellery into a soft bag if you have a soft pouch. Use a tissue to cushion the bag instead.
If you want to learn more tips on cleaning your personalised jewellery for her, here is an infographic from Charming Jewellery Store: